COVID-19 Update - 30th June 2020
Here at Edible Ornamentals, we are working hard to keep our customers safe while beginning to resume usual activities at the Chilli Ranch. As per the new government advice, we have conducted a risk assessment and are in the process of making changes changes to ensure everyone's safety and enjoyment.
Our chilli experiences will be restarting in a few weeks time. Bookings are now being taken for experiences over the summer and autumn, so if you have a voucher please feel free to book. However, if you do not wish to attend yet, there is no rush as all vouchers purchased from ourselves are automatically extended by a year. If you have purchased an experience via a third party company, please contact them for an extension if needed.
Shop and Cafe:
For the time being we are maintaining our temporary shop opening hours of 11am - 3pm seven days a week, to spread customers out to make social distancing easier.
The Cafe will open from 12th July. Opening hours will be 11am - 3pm on Saturdays and Sundays. We will be offering a limited menu of drinks and cakes only - no meals will be served for the time being other than the pre-booked Chilli Afternoon Tea.
Social Distancing Practices:
We are currently operating a one way system in the greenhouse and this will continue until social distancing restrictions are lifted further.
Hand sanitiser will be available at entrances and key locations such as the till. We ask all our customers to wash or sanitise their hands upon arrival.
We are rearranging the cafe and patio to ensure social distancing between tables.
We are making some changes to the chilli experiences to ensure social distance can be maintained. For example, two tasting tables will be used on the chilli experiences so people can socially distance while tasting the sauces and fresh chillies. Instead of the usual crackers, single use coffee stirring sticks will be used for tasting the sauces.
If you wish to wear a mask when you visit us, please follow the government advice on how to wear a mask safely:
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser before putting a face covering on, and before and after removing it.
- When wearing a face covering, avoid touching your face or face covering, as you could contaminate them with germs from your hands.
- Change your face covering if it becomes damp or if you’ve touched it.
- Continue to wash your hands regularly.
- Change and wash your face covering daily.
- If the material is washable, wash in line with manufacturer’s instructions. If it’s not washable, dispose of it carefully in your usual waste.